Welcome to Deadly Ponies. With a proclivity for sumptuous design; Deadly Ponies is synonymous with luxurious craftsmanship and ethically-made pieces that stand the test of time. Sharing moments and curated experiences with our customers, our ethos is translated across every touchpoint through a holistic approach. We seek creative individuals who epitomise our values, and are passionate about our future.DISCOVER CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Deadly Ponies Founder
& Creative Director
“Our team brings the Deadly Ponies vision to life through their creativity and innovation. I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to share this moment in their career journeys, and I am passionate about supporting them while we grow together”
Our company values of Integrity, Creativity and Family are at the core of who we are. We live with Integrity by taking accountability for the impact we have on our peers and planet.
We harness Creativity by encouraging and embracing new ideas, concepts and solutions. We try things out and are not afraid to fail, valuing what we learn as much as what we achieve.
We are Family. We treat each other with respect and understanding, sharing knowledge and offering assistance to others, whatever their role. We stand by one another believing there is power in unity.
We make beautiful products, responsibly. Our commitment is to be transparent, considered, accountable and innovative across everything we do. Our pieces are timeless, made to be cherished for years to come. Boutique manufacturing and ethical sourcing are at the core of Deadly Ponies’ ethos, with each piece artisanally handcrafted to minimise our impact on the planet and help build a better world.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We have an ongoing commitment to celebrate diversity, inclusion and equality, and in 2020 we implemented a diversity and inclusion policy to ensure those values are upheld and reflected across our business. Our goal is to ensure fair and ethical working conditions, fair pay, and equal rights across our business, including our atelier, stores and support office. We are a Living Wage Certified employer as of April 2021.
We believe it’s important to bring together talented people that embrace different perspectives and lifestyles. There is much to benefit from in diversity of thought and so we encourage collaboration to breed innovation. We like to have fun too; by way of Thursday drinks at HQ, regular social club events, and quarterly business-wide meets.
With a growing number of boutique locations across New Zealand and Australia, our in-store team has a strong focus on customer service, providing considerable knowledge on our pieces and sustainability; creating a premium experience on every visit.
MARKETING & DIGITAL
Responsible for all Marketing elements across brand, digital, CRM and creative; we are always on the pulse and pushing boundaries. Our outlook is design-led, with a strong focus on curating and cultivating the Deadly Ponies brand.
Led by our Creative Director, Liam Bowden, our inhouse design team is the spark that drives Deadly Ponies. From an initial sketch to the finished product, our team are the curators of our unique and innovative collection, producing through a considered lens.
The stitching that holds us together, our Supply Chain team are responsible for all operations and logistics globally, including our Australian and New Zealand stock rooms, and delivering each piece from our hands into yours, leaving as little carbon footprint behind as possible.
SALES & WHOLESALE
Our Sales & Wholesale team know their way around a spreadsheet or two and have an eye for soon-to-be coveted pieces; overseeing demand planning, buying and managing relationships with our stockists globally, and our weekly sales insights.
Regional Retail Manager New Zealand - HQ, Auckland
FULL TIME - 40 HOURSApply now
We’re looking for a proven retail leader for our role of Regional Manager | New Zealand, to join our close-knit, fun, and high-performing retail team. Putting the Deadly Ponies customer at the forefront, you’ll lead the New Zealand retail network to achieve ambitious sales growth, carrying out the vision of our Founders and Directors. This role will focus on ensuring that our brand is represented to the highest standard - by training our team, driving sales, and elevating the customer experience through outstanding service.
- Deliver monthly and annual retail targets, ensuring each store is set up to succeed and to consistently achieve positive results.
- Ensure all retail reporting is completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and any callouts are addressed and relevant information is provided to the Head of Commercial Sales.
- Ensure all online channels are being supported through timely and accurate fulfillment from our online hub and serviced with a holistic approach across the store and digital networks.
- Work closely with our Regional Retail Manager | AU, as well as NZ-based peers within E-Commerce/Digital, Merchandise Planning, Marketing, Design, and Supply Chain to build the best possible outcomes for our New Zealand operation.
- Lead the retail team to ensure each team member feels supported to achieve in their roles.
- Manage all HR inquiries for the NZ retail team, along with processing retail timesheets weekly.
- Manage all hiring and rostering ensuring adequate cover is provided in each store/space.
- Train and support the team to provide the most professional in-store experiences balanced with conversion tactics aligned to selling premium product.
- Lead the clienteling process across the store network ensuring VIP customers are recognised and maintained to the highest standard.
- Take ownership of all seasonal and launch operations for retail aligned to the annual retail calendar.
- Ensure all store aesthetics and environments are consistently maintained.
- Drive regular stock takes across both stores and influence cycle counts to ensure stock accuracy.
YOU WILL BRING TO THIS ROLE
- 1-2 years of retail regional management experience for a premium fashion brand
- People management skills and experience leading teams
- Sales and clienteling skills in a luxury or premium retail environment
- Microsoft Office suite skills
We are a tight group (more like your second family) that places importance on our core values of integrity, family, and creativity with a goal of creating innovative and unique experiences for our customers.
We’re offering you the opportunity to be a part of an empowering retail team culture with a rewarding retail management bonus structure, fantastic staff incentives, and product benefits.
Please apply via Seek with your CV and cover letter.
Finance Manager - HQ, Auckland
FULL TIME - 40 HOURSApply now
Deadly Ponies is searching for a Finance Manager to lead a newly established in-house Finance department. You will be responsible for management and reporting on key finance functions of Deadly Ponies and related entities. This is a demanding role with autonomy and opportunity for growth and would suit an experienced finance practitioner who is excited and driven to work at the heart of one of Australasia’s most admired fashion brands.
You will join a business experienced in financial management, and will be well supported as we transition to a new operating model. The role is based at our Central Auckland Support Office.
- Ensure the long term financial viability of the business by Setting the operating expenses for all budgets and forecasts.
- Creating and updating three year Business and Strategic Plans in conjunction with the CEO.
- Conduct all financial reporting for the business including monthly financial reports including Profit and Loss, Profit and Loss Budget vs Actual, Balance Sheet, cash flow KPIs.
- Provide individual and group reports, commentary, and analysis of company performance to CEO.
- Manage cash flow to ensure the company can pay creditors in a timely manner.
- Manage the invoice finance facility including uploading invoices, bank reconciliations, bank audits. Supervise and manage day-to-day financial functions including accounts payable, accounts r- receivable, bank reconciliations, tax filing, control of inventory and maintaining an accurate general ledger of accounts.
- Manage the month-end process including ensuring accurate and timely completion of the General Ledger close, Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of the P&L reports and variance analysis for 3 business entities.
- Allow for capital expenditure and manage the property functions of the business.
- Review and revise HR policies, systems and procedures as recommended by the Leadership Team to ensure that they are adding value to and facilitating the business and operational requirements of Deadly Ponies and comply with legal and contractual obligations.
- Develop and implement an HR strategy for the organisation to support and drive business objectives
YOU WILL BRING TO THIS ROLE
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organisation skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Experience with Xero, Unleashed and Shopifyplus would be beneficial but not critical
Deadly Ponies is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Expressions of Interest - Retail Careers
Are you interested in a retail career within a creative, innovative and transparent New Zealand brand?
Deadly Ponies are accepting expressions of interest from all levels of retail candidates who are looking for a career within retail, either for roles currently available or for future roles, with genuine opportunities for progression.
We offer the opportunity to be a part of an empowering retail team culture, working within beautiful store environments with sales driven incentives, an achievable bonus structure and staff product purchasing benefits.
If you have a passion for the Deadly Ponies brand and would enjoy providing our customers premium clientelling experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.